Award Winning Business
Established in 1995, by husband and wife, Nigel and Joyce Gervis, Ty-Mawr Lime Ltd has made an enormous contribution to resurrecting the use of traditional building materials in Wales.
Ty-Mawr Lime Ltd has gone on to become a market leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of environmentally-friendly building materials and systems, providing a 'one-stop' shop to clients throughout the UK.
In that time, they have received numerous awards and accolades for their work in this sector.
- Ethical Company Award - Ty-Mawr is delighted to announce their successful accreditation by the The Ethical Company Organisation;
- We are really pleased to be listed in the top Ethical Ranking Companies of 2016 in the world;
- Sustain Wales Awards - In 2016, we were delighted to be shortlisted in the Sustainable Venue Category of the Sustain Wales Award and pleased to be announced as runner up (winner was Principality Stadium).
- The Leading Wales Awards 2016: In June 2016 our MD, Joyce, was announced as the 'Leadership for the Future' Winner at the 2016 Leading Wales Awards.
- Ashden Award finalist: In March 2016 we heard that we'd been shortlisted with 9 other UK companies for a prestigious Ashden Award;
- Responsible Business Champion 2015 - We were extremely pleased to have been presented with the All-Party Parliamentary Award for "The Responsible Business Champion 2015" by Roger Williams CBE MP;
- Powys Business Awards - Ty-Mawr was delighted to be presented with the Overall Winner for Development of New Markets at the 2014 Powys Business Awards;
- LABC Excellence Awards - Ty-Mawr Lime's sublime® floor system - a breatheable slab-less insulated lime screed flooring system - was awarded the Overall Winner (Best Technical Innovation) in the Powys Building Control 2013 Excellence Awards, as well as the LABC South Wales Awards;
- World Architecture Awards - We were thrilled to hear that our glaster® was short listed for the World Architecture News (WAN) awards and was Highly Commended in the “Product of the Year 2012” category;
- Marsh Award for Traditional Building Skills - On the 14th March 2012, we were delighted to be invited to attend an award ceremony at Kenwood House, London where Nigel Gervis, founder and technical director of Ty-Mawr Lime Ltd, was presented with the prestigious Marsh Award for Traditional Building Skills by Mr Brian Marsh OBE;
- Online Retail Awards - ORA Prix 'd'Or - Ty-Mawr Lime Ltd was a winner at the 2011 Online Retail Awards (ORA e-commerce category);
- Wales Green List - In 2009 Nigel and Joyce Gervis were extremely proud to have been named as one of the 52 sustainable development champions in Wales’ first annual Green List;
- A Champion of Champions Award - Ty-Mawr were announced as winners of a “Champion of Champions” 2009 Agri-environment Award at Royal Welsh Show.
- Go Green Awards - The best in Welsh business and entrepreneurship were honoured at the Chambers of Commerce Business Awards 2009 in Cardiff.