Ty-Mawr's Training Centre is set in Grade II* listed buildings in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park. It is part of a farm complex containing important wildlife habitats on the edge of Llangors Lake, the largest natural lake in South Wales. It is also a family home and an ongoing restoration project.
- Established courses since 1996, providing training for homeowners, tradespeople and specifiers. Courses cover the specification and use of lime-based building materials, as well as traditional and ecological paints, thatching, dry stone walling etc.
- Opportunities to share and learn from one family’s experience of a long-term restoration project – creating an exemplar for how to care appropriately for our built heritage whilst reducing the impact of the building on the environment.
- Hands-on experience for students on Environmental Design and Construction courses at schools, colleges and universities.
- Live excavation on the site of the former Elizabethan manor house giving exciting opportunities for schools to learn about over 500 years of building history.
- A unique location for studying the landscape, cultural heritage and wildlife of Llangors Lake.
- Camping in the old orchard, near the lake – fire site and good, basic facilities, additional facilities are available for groups by request e.g. kitchen, indoor eating area etc. Click here to see a map of our site.
- A stimulating place to hold a meeting, lecture, conference or management training event.
Email: email@example.com for further information.