ISOVIT E-CORK MD is specially designed for fixing of external cladding composed by high density expanded dark agglomerated cork panels – MD Facade.
ISOVIT E-CORK MD is a adhesion mortar, formulated from mixed binders, cork aggregates and Natural Hydraulic Lime
- Technical Documents
- Application Advice
- The substrate should be sufficiently flat and regular, consisting of a mineral render, with composition and strength appropriate to the system substrate, for example REDUR H2FIBRA or REDUR MAX FORCE. The substrate should be cured when the panels are fixed.
- The substrate should be cohesive, adherent and free from dust or oils, and it should be dry by the time the system is applied.
- ISOVIT E-CORK MD should be prepared by mixing 6,0 to 6,5 litres of clean water (preferably drinkable) per bag of product,using an electric mixer, until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- The expanded agglomerate cork panels are fixed to the substrate with the ISOVIT E-CORK MD adhesion mortar, by using the double fixing method. This method consists of spreading the mortar onto the back of the panels and onto the substrate using a 10 mm notched trowel in order to ensure a continuous fixing between the panel and the substrate.
- Panels should be placed in their final position, pressed against the substrate, so as to squeeze the adhesion mortar. Simultaneously, their contours and surface planimetry should be adjusted with the adjacent panels, so as to avoid misalignment on the surface of the panels.
- ISOVIT E-CORK MD should not be applied at room and substrate temperatures below 5 ºC and above 30 ºC.
- Panel application should be carried out away from direct sunlight, strong wind and high temperature action.
- Facade panels have to be protected on top with finishing solutions that effectively protect the applied materials from the water inlet.
- Do not use ISOVIT E-CORK MD for filling joints between the panels.
- The mixing water must be free of any impurities (clays, organic matter, etc.), and drinking water should be preferably used.
- No mortar that has initiated the setting process should be applied. Do not soften mortars by adding water after preparation.
- Do not add any other products to the mortar. ISOVIT E-CORK MD should be applied as it is shown in its original packaging.
- Do not apply under temperatures above 30 ºC or below 5 ºC.
- Do not apply on horizontal surfaces or with a tilt of less than 45º.
- Protect the top edges of the coating from rainwater.
- High adherence to EPS, XPS, stone wool and cork agglomerate
- High adherence to support
- Good permeability to water vapour
- Excellent workability
- Low capillary absorption
- Selected raw materials