Baumit DG27 is an acrylic based primer with various other additives designed to reduce and even out the suction (water absorbency) of surfaces, enabling them to receive either base coat renders/plasters or finish coat renders.
It is pigmented to even out the colour of the substrate too which reduces variation in colour of thin layer finishes. This product is suitable for application on to contact mortars, lime and cement based plasters/renders, concrete and well adhered mineral, silicate and masonry paints.
- Technical Documents
- Reduces and equalises suction of substrates
- Equalises the colour of the substrate
- Enhances the water repellency of the substrate
- Improves adhesion, enables bonding to a wide range of substrates
How do I use it?
- Baumit DG27 primer should be well mixed before use, normally with a plaster whisk, and then applied to the surface by brush or roller.
- When using rollers it is often useful to add up to 5% water as this method applies the primer more thickly.
- The primer should then be left for 24 hours before any further coating are applied.
How much do I need?
Each 10 litre tub of Baumit DG27 will cover approximately 75m2 (7.5m2 per litre) depending on the absorbency and texture of the surface. Please remember that this product should only be used between 5C and 30C and that humidity will affect drying times for this product. Suitable PPE must be worn when using this product to prevent contact with eyes or skin.