Ty-Mawr Wood Wool Boards have been used in buildings for many decades and have proved to be a very popular product as a lime carrier over the 10 years in which we have been promoting and selling them for use with our products. They are strands of wood bound together with minerals.
The Ty-Mawr range of boards conform to EN 13168 and are certified Ecobiocompatible.
Unlike some of the other wood wool products on the market, ours are waterproof, freeze-proof and damp-proof, making them appropriate in damp environments and or in poor weather conditions.
Swiss regulations classify these products as practically incombustable.
They are available in sheets 2400mm x 600mm and three thicknesses:
- 15mm (internal walls only) - 130 per oversized pallet
- 25mm (external walls and ceilings) - 88 per oversized pallet
- 50mm (external walls and ceilings) - 44 per oversized pallet.
We do split pallets for your convenience.
Please note that we have a huge amount of knowledge and experience developed over more than a decade of working with these products. We understand which plasters are suitable for these boards for the various applications but we can only support the system if we supply the whole system i.e. the boards, mesh (when required) and the plaster/render. Even then, it is important to follow the application guides provided for a successful finish. Full installation instructions are supplied with the boards as well as telephone support.
To see an example of this product in use, see our case studies of Pontefract Castle Restoration, Achabeag, Western Highland of Scotland and Plas Newydd,Llangollen and Maesgwyn Cottage, Carmarthenshire.
- Technical Documents
- an environmentally-friendly alternative to plasterboard;
- assists in achieving insulation values (heat and acoustic) and meeting requirements;
- compatible with vapour permeable structures - absorbs and releases moisture naturally;
- unlimted lifespan;
- contains no harmful substances but are vermin and fungus resistant;
- robust but easy to cut and work with on-site;
- timber from sustainably managed forests (PCFC certificate);
- certified CE product
- now available in a range of natural colours for partitions and ceilings.