Sublime Installation Video - Chapter 3 - Setting out floor levels
From the birth of our innovative Limecrete flooring system, launched in 1998 as a breathable, lightweight alternative to cement-based concrete, we at Tŷ-Mawr have been selecting and testing various materials and combinations of materials to both simplify the installation process and improve the ‘green’ credentials of our floors.
Our first breathable, insulated floor system which can be used with or without underfloor heating - sublime®. The sublime® floor breathability makes it ideal for use within existing solid wall properties and its excellent environmental credentials along with its simplicity and ease of installation makes sublime® and equally appropriate choice for new builds and extensions!
- Reduced overall excavation depths: When compared to a conventional Limecrete systems using a lightweight insulating slab layer plus higher density screed layer to contain the underfloor.
- Reduced wet trades and processes: As only one wet mixed layer is required over the GLAPOR® glass gravel, it saves on labour and the cost of the materials when compared to previous systems.
- Reduced curing times: By eliminating the need for two layers curing times are reduced by approximately 3 weeks.
- Improved energy efficiency and response times of underfloor heating systems: As the insulation material is now directly beneath the heat source the heat drift associated with other systems is significantly reduced.
- Reduced material quantities and therefore reduced delivery costs.
- Winner of the Wales Regional LABC Building Excellence Award 2013 ‘Best Technical Innovation’.