Transparent, water thinnable glaze binder for colored AGLAIA wall glazing technique. Thinnable with 3 to 5 parts water, washable when dry. For pigmenting, use AGLAIA PIGMENTS. Exclusively made from natural raw materials.
For indoor use, on walls and ceilings in private homes as well as commercial, industrial and public buildings, such as schools, kindergardens and therapeutic institutions. Basis for a colored wall glaze technique is the use of a covering white glaze primer, i.e. either AGLAIA CASEIN BINDER PAINT, AGLAIA STRUCTURAL
CASEIN PAINT or AGLAIA RENOVATION PLASTER. AGLAIA BEESWAX GLAZE BINDER acts in terms of a glaze binder for color-glazed interior design. The transparent, satin-matt glaze coat wraps in the color pigments and provides an illusion of depth and light scattering. Suitable surfaces are: precoated lime and gypsum plasters, fabric wall papers, light-weight building elements and recoatable old coatings.
- Technical Documents
- Application Advice
- Thoroughly stir up AGLAIA BEESWAX GLAZE BINDER.
- As a thumb rule, add one part glaze binder to four parts clear water and stir well (observe sequence !).
- In case of extremely hard tap water and pigments with a high tendency to flocculation (plant colors !), the use of de-ionized water is recommended.
- This preparation is color pigmented with AGLAIA PIGMENTS, see Color Chart, previously wetted in as little alcohol as possible.
- For reference: 1 l AGLAIA BEESWAX GLAZE BINDER, thinned with 3-5 parts water, requires approx. 20 to 50 cm3 AGLAIA PIGMENTS and is sufficient for one coat with a wall surface of approx. 50 m2.
- Glazing at a brisk pace, lap-free with a soft oval brush will provide a water color-like, cloudy look.
- Single-color or multi-color glazes are possible, the latter by mixing pigments or, even better, by glazing several colors, one on top of the other.
- . If the glaze dries too quickly, add some water.
- If the glaze flows off, add some glaze binder.
- Drying time between the glazing procedures: at least 2 hours.
- The white base coat must dry for at least 2 days before glazing.
- Technical Information
AGLAIA BEESWAX GLAZE BINDER is an easy-to-use, economical glaze binder. After drying absolutely tackfree and abrasion-resistant. Impurities and dirt may be dabbed off with a moist sponge. Thanks to the use of pure beeswax, water-resistant, without static build-up and of natural look. Non-yellowing and compatible with a great number of pigments; pretest when using earth and plant pigments because of natural variations. In combination with AGLAIA CASEIN BINDER PAINT and AGLAIA STRUCTURAL CASEIN PAINT, proven successful on millions of square meters in commercial, industrial and public buildings. Maintains the diffusion and absorption capacities of the coating and the surface, therefore, ideal for an agreeable room climate.