SurfaPore R protects your clay surfaces from water penetration. Roof tiles and pottery are effectively protected from deterioration and from the unsightly “greening” of mould growth. SurfaPore R preserves the aesthetics of your clay surfaces while protecting them against water and ageing. SurfaPore R was designed to exactly “fit” the unique nature, structural and surface properties of clay-based materials. After applying SurfaPore R, your clay surfaces repel water and can remain dry even after rain. By excluding water, you will protect your rooftops and favourite clay-based surfaces from “greening” and cracking, due to frost!
- Application Advice
- The application surface should be dry and clean.
- Apply SurfaPore R by using a brush, a roller or spray gun.
- No dilution is required.
- On very absorptive surfaces re-apply within 3 hours.
- Dip the clay-based surface in SurfaPore R for 30 seconds.
- In any case (surface application or dipping) test results on a small area before full-scale application.
- Maximum water repellency is achieved 24 hours post application.
- Estimated consumption rate 9-11 m2/L, strongly dependant on the properties of the surface applied.
- Most Effective & Nano Based
- High Breathability
- Not Film Forming, Invisible
- Long Lasting & UV Resistant
- Easy Application
- Withstands up to 350oC
- Water based
- Environmentally friendly
- Cost Effective
SurfaPore R is a water emulsion, composed of nanoparticles, possessing three molecular regions:
(a)The core nano-sized particles, suitably engineered to fit into the pores of a clay-based surface,
(b) The hydrophobic moiety, attached on top of the core nanosized particles, responsible for the creation of a continuous hydrophobic layer that covers all the clay product’s pores, capillaries and free surface and
(c) The binding moiety, responsible for anchoring the nano-particle directly onto the clay surfaces. Most traditional sealers are based on “plastic” or small silicone-based molecules (most often corrosive Potassium Methyl Siliconate, PMS) that react with atmospheric carbon dioxide to create an impermeable water barrier.
Even though their action might initially seem effective, they detrimentally diminish the useful lifetime of clay-based products by restricting their breathing ability or by creating efflorescence spots (white spots). The use of the aforementioned products affects the three most important advantages of clay products:
1) their compatibility to the modern, functional and breathing construction trends,
2) endurance and
3) aesthetic perfection. NanoPhos introduces a brand new approach. Instead of covering the clay surface with polymerizing additives, SurfaPore R dresses the pores, the capillaries and the “free” surface of clay-based products with hydrophobic materials. Instead of covering your favourite roof tiles, let them breath protected.
Pores still exist, capillaries are still effective channels of humidity and air transportation, but the liquid water droplets cannot touch your clay surface.