A key component of Ty-Mawr Lime Ltd’s award-winning Sublime® floor insulation system, the GLAPOR Recycled Foamed Glass (RFG) is a superior loosefill insulating aggregate ideal for use in our LABC accredited limecrete flooring system.
It is now recognised that polythene membranes, retrospectively installed into floor slabs in existing buildings, have the potential to actually cause rising damp problems: A build up of water pressure beneath the membrane moisture will move moisture sideways until it reaches the existing masonry where it will be able to rise within the wall structure. This situation is often exacerbated by use of waterproof cementitious renders and tanking on the walls which trap the moisture within the masonry.
Our flooring system does not include a moisture impermeable barrier (Damp Proof Membrane). The control of ingress of moisture is achieved by using a layer of recycled foamed glass aggregate beneath the slab material. Its non capillary active closed cell structure provides the moisture protection for your floor while remaining vapour open.
This material also has an excellent thermal resistance capability (0.083 W/mk).
We calculate the thickness of this layer to provide a specified U Value, taking into account the length/thickness of perimeter walls, overall floor area etc. Please clck here for a FREE calculation.
- Minimum depths (mm) now 150mm
- Compressive strength Fcd (kN/m3) 275
- Bulk density (kg/m3) 95-120
- It is exclusively available in the UK from Ty-Mawr in one cubic metre bags or loose.
Please click here for online orders or please call 01874 611350 for bulk order discounts.
- Technical Documents
- A superior loosefill insulating aggregate ideal for use in our LABC accredited limecrete flooring system.
- This material has an excellent thermal resistance capability – (certified conductivity of 0.078W/mK).
- Used to control the ingress of moisture beneath the slab material. This material carries European Technical Approval ETA and is certified to resist the wicking of moisture above a known height.
- Certified CE product.
- Recycled foamed glass is favoured by contractors for its ease to install and walk on etc (being angular so it locks together).
- Is made from a recycled product as opposed to the extraction of a virgin aggregate.