Limiting echoes in crowded public establishments whether bars, restaurants, sporting arenas, multipurpose rooms or schools, is very important to enjoying the activities held there. This functional performance, sound wave absorption, can be provided by materials which, thanks to the textured shape, dimensions, openness and colours, also contribute to sophisticated interior design solutions. Celenit panels can provide highly creative solutions for sound absorbing ceilings and walls.
Sound Absorbing Coverings
- Celenit panels can be classified as natural sound absorbers. The open face of the panel allows sound waves to enter, the sound energy is then dissipated through the cellular structure of the panel progressively reducing sound energy.
- They have a good level of sound absorption especially at higher frequencies (acute tones) which are the most common ones. Sound wave absorption increases with panel thickness, this can be further enhanced by using a layer of Thermafleece behind the panel and by leaving an air gap.
- Dimensional stability, even in areas of high humidity, coupled with high mechanical strength make it suitable for heavy duty use in areas such as swimming pools, gyms, schools and industrial buildings.
- A careful acoustic design of rooms starts from the knowledge of materials, which should be selected and used according to the results to be achieved. It is therefore necessary to balance absorption characteristics taking into account the use of the rooms and any interactions with furniture and occupants.
- Celenit panels applied to exterior walls or internal partition walls considerably improve sound insulation between rooms and help reduce sound coming into the building, even at the most disturbing medium and low frequencies.
- The features that distinguish Celenit from low density insulation materials and make it an efficient sound insulation material are: high mass, open cell structure, low bending resistance, high internal sound absorption.
- Panels can be easily fixed to the wall with expansion screws and finished with wet plasters or plaster board to guarantee fast and clean installation suitable for new build or refurbishment.
You can choose from a wide range of Celenit products for false ceilings or wall coverings to meet different design requirements or for rooms with special noise control requirements. The choice includes the definition of the panel surface texture which, according to type, can have 1, 2 or 3mm width of wood wool strand.
Panel thickness and edge finishing are then selected, according to the application requirements and finally the colour. The painted panel is evenly coloured, while panels without paint enhance the natural ivory colour shade which softens over time.
Celenit panels can also be finished in colour systems such as RAL or NCS, on request.
The excellent sound insulation and absorption performance is confirmed by a vast database of acoustic tests, the result of a broad experimental research program conducted by Celenit with the University of Padua Technical Physics Department.
CELENIT NB 3mm Wood Wool Strand CELENIT AB 2mm Wood Wool Strand CELENIT ABE 1mm Wood Wool Strand
- Technical Information
Sound Absorbtion Values
Type of Panel Thickness
NRC Class Celenit AB 15mm adhering 0.30 0.35 D 15mm with cavity and mineral wood up to 0.85 up to 0.90 B 25mm adhering 0.35 0.45 D 25mm with cavity and mineral wood up to 0.95 up to 0.90 A 35mm adhering 0.45 0.55 D 35mm with cavity and mineral wood up to 0.95 up to 0.90 A 50mm adhering 0.60 0.65
Coefficient of Sound Absorbtion
Line Panel Thick 125 250 500 1000 2000 4000 αw A 25mm Adhering 0,08 0,11 0,18 0,50 0,80 0,72 0,40 B 35mm Adhering 0,13 0,15 0,25 0,65 0,74 0,90 0,47 C 50mm Adhering 0,17 0,22 0,42 0,78 0,65 0,95 0,53 D 25mm with cavity ≥ 24mm 0,12 0,11 0,48 0,72 0,51 0,82 0,46 E 35mm with cavity ≥ 50mm 0,10 0,25 0,67 0,55 0,56 0,86 0,50 F 50mm with cavity ≥ 50mm 0,13 0,39 0,82 0,53 0,89 0,90 0,61 G 25mm with cavity ≥ 40mm and mineral wool ≥ 40mm 0,25 0,67 1,08 0,86 0,81 1,04 0,79 H 35mm with cavity ≥ 50mm and mineral wool ≥ 40mm 0,40 0,78 0,98 0,93 0,84 1,00 0,82 I 50mm with cavity ≥ 50mm and mineral wool ≥ 40mm 0,45 0,89 1,02 0,86 1,01 1,00 0,87
Coefficients of sound absoorbtion αs and average αm interval values 125-4000 Hz (frequencies in Hz)
To see the above table as a graph please click here.